Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Book Club - Harriet Hill's Book Signing Monday - June 17th 3:30PM


June 17th - Escaping Viet Nam – H’yoanh’s Story - discussion led by the author, our own Harriet Hill

"Mom, stop staring," my daughter scolds when I do what she calls my voyeur thing. But I can't help myself. When someone intrigues me I let my mind's eye speculate on every detail of my subject's life, spinning a story as I go.

If I were to gaze upon H'Yoanh Buonya today I'd be dead wrong in whatever history I might I imagine for this extraordinary woman. I know this because Harriet Hill's book affords me the privilege of climbing inside H'Yoanh's life, accompanying her from early childhood through the eleven years it took to escape her homeland. Thank you Harriet and H'yoanh for an enlightening read, a huge dose of reality few, if any of us, will ever know!


No comments: